ConneX pilot extended with added service area and reduced hours of service
ConneX, the on-demand ride service pilot in Sartell, is extended through December 31, 2020. This provides Metro Bus staff an opportunity to gather information about the performance of the service with reduced hours and an expanded service area, detailed below.
The following changes take effect Sunday, February 2, 2020:
- ConneX service hours will be:
- Weekday service will be from 6:30 AM – 5 PM
- Saturday service will be from 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM with no service from 2 – 3 PM
- Sunday service will be from 10 AM – 4 PM with no service from 11 AM – noon
- The ConneX service area will expand as shown.
Calls for service are taken 15 minutes before service begins until 15 minutes before service ends.
The reduced hours are based on ridership data showing significantly reduced passengers per hour at certain times of the day. The goal of the changes is to provide quality service to as many residents as possible within a constrained budget framework.
Metro Bus will also begin the process of evaluating its fare structure, which will include a period of public input.