Schedule a Ride
To schedule a ride, you must be certified. Call 320.252.1010. Trips may be scheduled up to seven days in advance.
When scheduling a ride provide:
1. Name 2. Origin address 3. Destination address
4. Desired arrival time 5. Companion or child information
• Every effort will be made to schedule trip requests at the specific time desired. Earlier or later pick-up times may be suggested due to system capacity limitations.
• All trips are scheduled to carry as many passengers as possible.
• Wait at the outer door of your designated pick-up location at the time provided.
• Return trips for medical appointments can be scheduled when the initial ride is requested or can be called in when your medical appointment is completed.
• Allow at least 15 minutes beyond the pick-up time before calling about the ride.
• Drivers do not take appointments or make changes. Specialized Service does not provide emergency medical transportation.
Subscription service, when an individual is going to the same origin/destination on a regular basis, can be issued to Specialized Service individuals when capacity is available on a "first-come, first-served" basis.
A companion is a family member or friend who rides along. More than one companion may ride if there is capacity on the vehicle. Each companion must pay a fare each time they ride and must board and deboard at the same location as the rider.
A family member or friend serving as your personal care attendant (PCA) isn't consider a companion. A suspended certified individual cannot travel as your companion.
Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
A Personal Care Attendant is someone who provides care for the certified individual and is necessary to the individual's mobility. One PCA can accompany a certified Specialized Service rider at no charge. An individual's certification should indicate he or she may, at times, require a PCA. A PCA ride must be scheduled in advance. The PCA must board and deboard at the same locations as the rider.
Canceling a Scheduled Trip
Trips must be cancelled as far in advance as possible. If a scheduled trip will not be used, it must be cancelled at least two hours in advance to avoid a no-show.