News & Events
Metro Bus announces Driver Award recipients for 2012
Metro Bus awarded $3.3 million federal Clean Fuels grant
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood was in St. Cloud today to award $3.3 million to St. Cloud Metro Bus to construct a CNG fueling station and renovate its Operations Center facility to accommodate a new fleet fueled by Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
As a prelude to future delivery of CNG fueled replacement buses, the Operations Center storage and maintenance facility will undergo heating, ventilation, and safety monitoring modifications and improvements as a requirement for housing, fueling and maintaining CNG fueled vehicles. The grant will cover 80 percent of the cost to do that. The remaining 20 percent will be covered with local capital dollars already budgeted by Metro Bus.