Metro Bus is a great place to work!
Metro Bus employs over 140 dedicated people who work as a team every day to provide you the best service we can. We employ drivers for Fixed Route and Dial-a-Ride divisions, customer service, operations, maintenance and administrative support.
If you are interested is pursuing an exciting, fast-paced career in public transportation, contact the Metro Bus Human Resource Manager by phone at 320.251.1499 ext #112 or by emailing the Human Resources Department with our email form.
Metro Bus Employment Application
Click here to open the Driver application in PDF format.
Click here to open the Non-Driver application in PDF format.
We are always accepting applications for the following positions:
NATURE OF WORK
Work involves the operation of a public transit bus in the transportation of persons according to a fixed route timetable. Must be able to handle stressful situations related to the managing of passengers and emergency situations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
1. Abide by safety management practices set forth by the company.
2. Obey all applicable traffic laws, rules and regulations.
3. Operate a large transit vehicle in moderate to heavy traffic.
4. Collects fares, load and unload passengers at determined and undetermined stops.
5. Courteously give clear and detailed information to passengers in response to questions.
6. Tactfully maintain order in the vehicle during normal and emergency situations.
7. Complete clear and detailed written reports.
8. Act in a manner to promote a positive public image to patrons, motorists, and the general public.
9. Perform other related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent. General knowledge of vehicle operations, motor vehicle laws and safe driving practices. Ability or trainable to handle a large transit vehicle following a fixed route structure. Must be a proper representative through good public relations and common courtesy at all times.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Good physical condition. Possession of a valid Minnesota commercial motor vehicle license with air brake and passenger transportation endorsements. Above average motor vehicle record and driving skills. Good communications skills. Availability to work flexible work schedules including, morning, afternoon, night, split shifts and weekends.
Excellent salary and benefits for full-time employees. Some benefits apply for part-time positions.